Diversity & Inclusion
As an organization founded upon the basis of being kind and alike to all, Tri Delta (Alpha Mu) is committed to continuing the promotion of diversity and inclusion within our organization. Our priority is fostering an environment that allows all people to bring their true and authentic selves; regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, differing ability, and more. Our chapter’s strength comes from the diversity in our membership. We will continue to create opportunities for education, understanding, empathy, and accountability for our sisters in order to improve our campus and right historical wrongs.
Together we can make Tri Delta an organization that enriches our campus community and contributes to a diverse global society. With our guiding principles in mind, we challenge ourselves to make our organization more reflective of our communities, our campus, and our world.
Where We Are:
- Awarded the inaugural Diane Peterson Award for excellence in diversity, equity, inclusion, access and belonging by Tri Delta National.
- Implemented permanent DEIAB chair and committee (versus temporary) as part of our officer structure.
- Eliminated financial barriers by moving beyond a monetary fine system.
- Utilizing Continuous Open Bidding as a means to improve upon inclusion to reach beyond the regular pool of Potential New Members
- Forums and fireside chats on topics integral to diversity and inclusion efforts
- Continuing implicit bias training, emphasized prior to recruitment
- Abandonment of considering recommendation letters in recruitment, and no preference for legacies
- Authentic representation of our members over social media
Where We’re Going:
- Creating actionable guidelines for members to call out racism and bias within the chapter, and sharing with Panhellenic
- Actively seeking collaboration with organizations dedicated to the promotion of diversity and equity on campus.
- A promise to support and amplify minority voices, artists, educators and creators when possible
- An effort to provide more tangible financial support for existing members, and continuously re-evaluating financial requirements for Potential New Members. Currently working with Tri Delta Nationals on Alpha Mu specific scholarships.
- Education on sorority life’s discriminatory/racist past, including that of our chapter
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact our Diversity and Inclusion Chair, Nicki Ganti.